Billington CyberSecurity Award Recipients
Billington CyberSecurity Automotive Leadership Award
- 8/2018 The Honorable Gary Peters, U. S. Senate
Billington CyberSecurity International Leadership Award
- 3/2018 David Koh, Commissioner of Cybersecurity for Singapore and Chief Executive, Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, Deputy Secretary (Special Projects) and Defence Cyber Chief, Ministry of Defence (Singapore)
Billington CyberSecurity Leadership Award
- 9/2012 His Excellency Toomas Hendrik Ilves, President, Republic of Estonia
- 9/2013 General (Ret.) Keith B. Alexander, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command, Director, NSA/Chief, Central Security Service
- 9/2014 Dr. Ronald Ross, Fellow, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 9/2015 General (Ret.) Michael Hayden, Former Director, NSA, CIA
- 9/2016 Michael Daniel, Special Assistant to the President and White House Cybersecurity Coordinator
- 9/2017 Brig. Gen. (Ret.) Gregory Touhill, U.S. Chief Information Security Officer
- 9/2018 General Paul Nakasone, United States Army, Commander, United States Cyber Command, Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service
About Billington CyberSecurity
Billington CyberSecurity is an independent media company that produces high level executive forums, conferences, and seminars about cybersecurity.
Launched around the time of the formation of the U.S. Cyber Command in 2010, Billington CyberSecurity is a leading independent media company. It produces the leading Fall forum on cybersecurity in the nation’s capital, a newsletter, white papers, the annual International Cybersecurity Summit and the recently launched, Billington Cybersecurity Leadership Council.
The mission of Billington CyberSecurity is to bring together thought leaders from all sectors to examine the state of cybersecurity and highlight ways to enhance best practices and strengthen cyber defenses within government and the private sector.
Founder Thomas K. Billington invites top cybersecurity thought leaders to address key questions facing the nation and the world. Speakers at past forums have included the President of Estonia, the CEO of the United Kingdom’s National Cyber Security Centre at GCHQ, the head of the National Cyber Bureau for Israel, current and past NSA directors, CISOs at Fortune 500 companies, cyber officials at agencies across the government and top federal contractors. Last year, the cyber commanders for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and USCYBERCOM spoke.
The British Ambassador hosts an invitation only reception, going into the third year, at his private residence to conclude the annual cybersecurity summit in September.
A key element at Billington events is networking opportunities – mingling with colleagues and event sponsors to discuss the latest developments in cyber defense and security and view innovative solutions from our sponsors. The connections made at Billington events open new avenues for continued collaboration between attendees and sponsors.
About Thomas K. Billington
As the CEO of Billington CyberSecurity, a company he founded in 2010, Thomas K. Billington has produced the leading annual cybersecurity summit in the nation’s capital for the past eight years drawing over 1,000 attendees, speakers and sponsors in 2016 alone.
Mr. Billington has developed his prestigious network of senior cybersecurity experts by attracting thousands of speakers, sponsors, media and attendees and he understands which topics are of concern to industry and government.
His integrity and trusted relationships are the foundation of his business.
Before launching his own business, Mr. Billington worked full-time for over 20 years at four of the country’s most respected media companies – Reader’s Digest, Phillips Publishing, BNA (now Bloomberg BNA) and Thomson Reuters – where he excelled at editing, publishing and developing new media products and producing world class conferences, including his first cybersecurity summit in 2002 at BNA.
He was educated at Brown University and received an MBA at Georgetown University. His interest in computers dates back to the 1970s. He and his wife, Susan, have lived in Chevy Chase, Maryland for nearly 25 years.
He regularly supports the local community, including for the past several years, the White Hat Gala where the cybersecurity community gathers each year to benefit the Children’s National Health System.
For more information, email@example.com or call/text 240-463-0166.